Currently my favorite perfume.....
The smell is just heavenly!
Before I found Weekend, Summer was my favorite!
Either way, both smell amazing, so test a sample, then buy the bottle!
You can thank me later!
Currently my favorite perfume.....
20 Random Facts..... in no particular order
Lemme know if any surprise you :)
1. I'm the 2nd of 5 girls.
2. I LOVE dogs, mainly pitbulls, but purse dogs are cute also......
3. Photography is my passion....don't believe me, see fb :)
4. I'm Au Naturale and a hair product junkie (kinda sad really, I'm working on it though, just as long as no new conditioners come out....)
5. Favorite food is rice, can't really mess it up right?!.
6. I eat yogurt w/ peanuts.
7. Favorite color is green.
8. Favorite show is L&O: SVU
9. Basketball is still my favorite sport even though the NBA has gotten a bit watered down since MJ left.
10. Some of mi ma's fav dishes: jollof rice, egusi soup, pot roast (yep, she's got soul).
11. Currently in cd player: Mixed Gospel cd.
12. Currently still reading: The Reason for God.
13. 6 piercings.
14. Sleeps with the fan on and the window open cause I'm always hottt.
15. Favorite drink: Snapple or Mystic's Strawberry Kiwi
16. I eat about 6x a day cause I never get full, yet I don't work out....problem anyone?
17. Favorite perfume at the moment- Burberry Weekend
18. CROCHET!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh, I <3 U.
19. O yea, 100% NIGERIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20. And lastly.......... but really first,
Unapologetically Christian, Yep it's true, I'm in love w/ JESUS!
So....I need a new crochet/knitting project to embark on and I think I'm going back to blankets.....
First up: this textured knit patchwork blanket....Isn't is beautiful????
And secondly: this rippled crochet blanket....it's obviously not completed ...but these colors are absolutely beautiful and crocheting is much faster than knitting so this one seems a quicker possibility... Doesn't it just look like the perfect baby girl gift for a newborn.... :)
Guess it's time to go yarn shopping :)
This is how I felt after this weekend, excited!.
From Friday-Sunday, the weekend was lovely. It started with a Spoken Word set held on Friday hosted by the Spoken Life Project, featuring 2 original P4CM poets, Jackie Hill and Ezekiel Azonwu. So glad I didn't miss it!
Saturday and Sunday I attended my church's Women's Conference with guest Pastors Dotun Arifalo and Prophetess Victoria Michaels, and our host Pastor Mayowa Ijisesan, what anointed women of God! I thank God for women who heed to the call of ministry.
How'd you spend your weekend?
Washed/Conditioned my hair on Friday afternoon with HE LTR conditioner and left in overnight...which I probably shouldn't have done since I just found out it contains silicones :(
I don't believe it did any damage though cause I don't feel anything wrong with my hair, but I guess I'll just be more conscious of how long I leave it in next time.
I decided to do a 2-strand individual twistout for Saturday using my shea butter/aloe vera/JBCO/EVCO mix and here are the results....
Pinned the back up using hair combs and just pushed it up to my face..... You like?
Me likes :)
Btw: heading to a bbq and I got the dress from Marshall's (just fyi)
So I wore the style for 2 days (Sat & Sun) but it also rained this wknd so the humidity and friz made me just pin it up into a puff with a pompadour look in the front which you can't really see since it's on the left side of my head, but you get the idea...
Here's my list of my "top-ten" hair must haves! (in no particular order)
1. H20- Self explanatory! Water is the hair's best moisturizer.
2. Eco Styler Gel- This is by far the best gel for laying down edges, providing shine and giving your hair the slicked look/feel. I also use the one in the clear bottle but find that this one containing olive oil is easier on the hair and doesn't cause as many flakes. It may leave your hair a little dry, but using oils as an under base should alleviate that problem.
3. Shea Butter- I'm sure you heard of the many uses of Shea butter and what it does for your hair, so I won't go into much detail. However, I will share with you how I use it for my hair.... Shea Butter alone can be used on the hair alone, but I find that sometimes it may still be too thick for my hair, so I melt it in hot boiling water, add coconut oil, veggie glycerin and aloe vera, and the results are heavenly!
4. Veggie Glycerin- So.....I don't know why I just found about this, but I did, and me loves it!!!!!!! Now it is rather thick on it's own, but diluting it 1/4 to 3/4water in a spray bottle makes the best hair mist. I usually spray this mist on my hair right after I shampoo/co-wash, while hair is still very damp to seal in moisture.... Veggie glycerin is a humectant so it draws in all moisture from the air.
Take note: I'd suggest that you use the mist more in the summer, warmer months rather than the winter months because it will draw in moisture from the air, and in the winter months, that may be too harsh for your hair! But if you haven't tried it, you're def missing out, so get on it!
5. Coconut Oil- Need incredible shine and a moisturizer to keep the fly-aways intact.....here's your product!
6. Jamaican Black Castor Oil- Loves it! Great moisturizer, provides incredible slip, promotes thickness, relieves dry-itchy scalp, eliminates hair breakage, and leaves your hair silky smooth! I usually add this to my conditioners or to my coconut oil, making an EVCO/JBCO mix.
7. Herbal Essences Conditioner- Now those of you who know me, may know that I used to be a V05 Moisture Milks Conditioner lover, but that was until I discovered HE conditioners! These are the absolute best, locally anyway! Both conditioners contain silk proteins, making it very easy to detangle. I also love the thickness of the conditioners which penetrates deep into the hair strands leaving the hair amazingly soft!
8. Jamaican Mango & Lime Locking Gel- Used for twistouts and braidouts! Definitely provides definition and has a lovely smell....The only thing I'd trade is the color, which is orange, and sometimes leaves an orange residue on my hands, but other than that....I love it. I've heard about the Elasta QP Glaze, yet haven't tried it, so for now, this is still my fav.
9. Aloe Vera Gel- What can't you use this for, seriously? I mean, it's a great moisturizer, provides shine, promotes relief and healing to your scalp, can be used on skin, blemishes, everything! And it's cheap! I usually mix it in with Shea Butter or Coconut Oil! Ladies and gents, definitely get up on AVG!
10. Denman Brush/Wide Tooth Comb/Hair Combs/Bobby Pins- Now apart from the Denman brush, the rest should be self-explanatory. You don't want to use small toothed combs when detangling your hair whether natural or relaxed. The smaller the teeth, the easier for your hair to be pulled out. Hair combs/bobby pins work the same for me, but some people prefer bobby pins. Either way, they're both a necessity! And for the Denman, I just received it, the D3 to be exact, and so far I like it. It's great for curl definition when doing wash and goes and good for extra detangling, with conditioner, and oils applied in your hair. Some people have complained that it has ripped their hair out, but I haven't experienced that so I'd still say go for it.
That's all for now!
So I've been wearing a braid out for the past couple of days and I loved it!!!
Sealed with: JBCO, Glycerin/Water Mix, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil
Styled with: Aloe Vera
Then I washed it and decided to wear a wash-n-go pin up do! Loved it!
Now.....I need some more ideas, how should I style my hair next?
A-trocities for a.....
CHICAGO! ILLINOIS! ALL NEIGHBORING CITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TIME HAS COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kingsword International Church is back for our....
4th annual Women's Conference and this promises to be even better than the last!
Last year, we "Dug for the virtue", this year it's time to SOAR INTO LIMITLESS POSSIBILITIES everyday of your life! This conference is guaranteed to transform your life like never before. Come prepared, expectant and ready to walk in His greater glory! The.time.has.come!
Kingsword International Church
3323 W Cermak Rd
Call today to Register!
Host Pastor: Pastor Mayowa Ijisesan
Guest Ministers: Pastor Victoria Michaels & Pastor Dotun Arifalo
Tell Your Friends! Tell Your Family! Tell you co-workers, neighbors, TELL EVERYONE! Just make you show upppppp.....
See ya there!